Artichoke from Tudela is one of the vegetables most praised by gourmets. It is also known as the flower of the garden or the queen of vegetables.
FHF cultivates and produces the variety ‘ Blanca de Tudela’ which is characterized by its more rounded shape and by having a circular hole in the upper part because the bracts or leaves do not reach to get together to close the head.
The FHF artichoke is within the Protected Geographical Indication ‘Alcachofa de Tudela’ and our farms have been located in an unbeatable environment, the Ribera de Navarra.
FHF serves the Artichoke from Tudela according to the customer’s preferences:
- By the dozen : with stem, provided with a peduncle of about 18cm. with at least one or two whole leaves.
- By kilos : without a stem, the peduncle is less than 10cm and does not have developed leaves.
- It is a liver tonic, protects the liver and helps its recovery in case of liver disease.
- At the digestive level, it helps treat constipation, thanks to its high fiber content.
- The cynarin of artichokes, combined with its acids, helps to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood.